How do you pack for a round-the-world trip? Here’s what we are taking with us on our trip that we’re expecting to last 8-10 months.
- Pacsafe Metrosafe 200 Shoulder Bag
- Pacsafe CashSafe Belt
- Pacsafe Citysafe 200 GII Handbag (not pictured)
- Keen Alki Lace Shoes
- Teva Toachi 2 Water Sandals
- Patagonia Women’s Bly Hemp
- Teva Women’s Tirra Sandals
- Rocket Dog Women’s Black Flats
For more detail about Lena’s clothes, check out her post here.
- 2 pairs of GAP 1969 blue jeans
- Three pairs shorts
- One pair swimming trunks
- Two Apple iPad 2 – 64 GB WiFi only
- Two Apple Wireless keyboards
- Two Incase Origami Workstations
- Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
- rooCASE Super Bubble Neoprene Case for iPad 2
- Canon EOS XS Rebel (not pictured)
- Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 Lens
- Canon PowerShot SX 120 IS
- 1 TB HyperDrive Colorspace
- Two world power adapters
Health, Hygiene, and Comfort
- Two personal PackTowls
- Two Cotton Travel Liners
- Travel blanket and pillow
- Malaria pills (not shown)
- Azithromycin tablets
- SteriPEN Journey Water Purifier
- Two SIGG Aluminum Traveler Water Bottle 1.0 L
- First Aid kit (85 pieces)
- Two adult ponchos
- 3M Ultrathon Insect Repellent
- MSR LED Tent Light
Sent Home, Given Away, Lost, Broken, Stolen
Only a few weeks in to our trip one of our SD memory cards broke – the read only switch broke off! We picked up a new one at TESCO in London, luckily we had a spare to use in the meantime.
Since Lena’s sister, Natasha, was able to meet up with us in London, Lena thought that it would be a good time to send back her Blue REI jacket.
In Saint Petersburg, Lena forgot her black jacket. Hopefully our host’s girlfriend will enjoy it!
In Georgia, we gave our host family one pair of Lena’s jeans, one pair of Aaron’s jeans, and Aaron’s heavy, white Banana Republic over shirt.